RENEW YOUR CERTIFICATION
To renew your Radon Measurement and/or Radon Mitigation certification you will need to complete the following:
Application for Registration of a Radon Business. Complete if there is ANY CHANGE TO YOUR BUSINESS. This includes but is not limited to new employees, change of address, phone number, email, etc. If all is the same as your last renewal you can omit this from your documents when renewing.
Application for Radon Measurement and/or Mitigation
Submit evidence of successfully passing approved continuing education training course
Eight (8) credits annually for a Radon Measurement and/or Mitigation
If you hold both Radon Mitigation and Measurement Specialist certifications you are required eight (8) credits annually total.
Evidence of Proficiency Test(s) or five (5) BLIND spikes (CRM, ES, EL) – If using an electret ion chamber device and reading your own electrets, you are required to have a proficiency test completed upon initial addition to your certification. When renewing you may submit the results of five (5) BLIND spikes conducted within the renewal period in lieu of another proficiency test. If using a CRM and have not changed the model since your last renewal (or initial certification) you do not need another proficiency test completed.
For more information about proficiency tests please view: https://www.nrsb.org/devices/proficiency-test-info/
Certificate(s) of Calibration – If using a CRM or electret ion chamber device you need up to date certificate(s) of ca and/orlibration when renewing.
Fees List – Provide payment information for your renewal.
- Click here to view the application library »
NRSB prefers you scan and email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may mail or fax applications to:
National Radon Safety Board
14 Hayes Street
Elmsford, NY 10523
Fax: (914) 345-1169
A notice will be sent out approximately 60 days and 30 days in advance of expiration. Each renewal application will be reviewed for compliance with the requirements of the panel. The NRSB is a voluntary organization committed to maintaining the lowest possible costs for truly independent, high-quality radon certification programs.
- You are required to use an approved NRSB device
- ANY CRM OR ELECTRET ION CHAMBER THAT IS ADDED TO YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PROFICIENCY TEST AND CERTIFICATES OF CALIBRATION IF YOU ARE READING AND SIGNING THE REPORTS.
- If using a CRM: You must have a up to date certificate of calibration & a proficiency test performed by one of our secondary chambers upon initial addition to your application. For every renewal you will only be required to have an up to date certificate of calibration if the device is the same as the previous year. An additional proficiency test is only required with renewal if you have changed the model of your CRM.
- If using an electret ion chamber device: If you are reading your own electrets, you must become an NRSB accredited laboratory. You are required to have a proficiency test completed upon initial certification. When renewing you may submit the results of five (5) blind spikes conducted within the renewal period in lieu of another proficiency test. Also needed is an up to date certificate of calibration.