RENEW YOUR CERTIFICATION
To renew your Radon Measurement and/or Radon Mitigation certification you will need to complete the following:
- Application for Registration of a Radon Business. Only if your business information has changed since your last renewal
- Renewal Application for Radon Measurement
- Renewal Application for Radon Mitigation
- Submit evidence of successfully passing approved continuing education training course
Click here for list of approved continuing education courses
- Eight (8) credits annually for a Radon Measurement and/or Radon Mitigation Specialist
- Four (4) credits annually for a Radon Measurement Technician
- If you hold both Radon Mitigation and Measurement Specialist certifications you are required eight (8) credits annually total.
- Evidence of Proficiency Test(s) or five (5) BLIND spikes - If using an electret ion chamber device and reading your own electrets, you are required to have a proficiency test completed upon initial certification. When renewing you may submit the results of five (5) BLIND spikes conducted within the renewal period in lieu of another proficiency test. If using a CRM and have not changed the model since your last renewal (or initial certification) you do not need a proficiency test completed.
- Certificate(s) of Calibration – If using a CRM or electret ion chamber device you need an updated certificate of calibration when renewing
- Application Fees List
Please sign, date and mail, fax or email applications to:
National Radon Safety Board
14 Hayes Street
Elmsford, NY 10523
Fax: (914) 345-1169
A notice will be sent out approximately 60 days and 30 days in advance of expiration. Each renewal application will be reviewed for compliance with the requirements of the panel.
- You are required to use an approved NRSB device
- If using a CRM: You must have a up to date certificate of calibration & a proficiency test performed by one of our secondary chambers upon initial certification. For every renewal you will only be required to have an up to date certificate of calibration if the device is the same as the previous year. An additional proficiency test is only required with renewal if you have changed the model of your CRM.
- If using an electret ion chamber device: If you are reading your own electrets, you must become an NRSB accredited laboratory. You are required to have a proficiency test completed upon initial certification. When renewing you may submit the results of five (5) blind spikes conducted within the renewal period in lieu of another proficiency test. Also needed is an up to date certificate of calibration.